Calling all NYC based marketing and design students who love biking and growing brands! We have an opening in our Brooklyn office that you might be perfect for.
Po Campo aims to make the bike bags and travel bags that will become your BFF of bags. They're vegan and weatherproof, super functional and durable, with lots of pockets for organizing your stuff.
We love to use our bikes to get around. It's fun (or at least it can be) and we savor the feelings of freedom that it gives us. We know that biking has enormous health, environmental, and economical benefits, and we love helping women integrate biking into their daily lives.
Our founder Maria Boustead still runs the company and designs our products. All of our bags feature vegan, weatherproof fabrics and lots of pockets to fit your devices. We are also a mission-driven company: we donate a portion of sales to World Bicycle Relief to supply bikes to girls in rural Africa so that they can get to school.
You'll join us in our pleasant co-working space in Crown Heights called Nowhere Studios, near the Kingston-Throop stop on the C line. This is a creative space with other designers, writers, video editors, illustrators, and so on. There are a lot of bikers here, and a pleasant rooftop space that we use for BBQs and such.
This internship is for the student interested in joining a start-up post-graduation (or being an entrepreneur herself!) and is designed to be similar in training to what you'd receive at school. By the time your internship ends, you'll have real-life experience in:
- Digital marketing, including creating and optimizing ad campaigns
- Using analytics to drive content creation
- Identifying influencers in a target audience, and how to communicate with them
- Preparing press releases and distributing them to the media
- Being involved with creative projects like photoshoots and new product development
This internship is for roughly 15 hours per week for three months. We will work with you to develop a schedule to work around your other commitments, but are generally looking for someone who can devote about 3 hours each workday to this position.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Super excited about our vision of building a community of women who love to bike to get around
- Works well alone but also with others, because you'll be communicating with people online all the time but will sometimes need to work autonomously
- Ready to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and enjoy the unpredictability that comes with it
- Able to bring her own laptop and have excellent writing skills
- Be enrolled in a college, or graduating this year
- Familiar with Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Google Apps, etc, with bonus points given for lite coding and/or digital marketing/SEO experience
Preference is given to applicants with an interest in PR and marketing, who live in the NYC area and strive to live a healthy lifestyle, especially with city biking.
Compensation and Fine Print
This internship is unpaid but don't worry – you won't be displacing any regular employees. We created our internship program for the benefit of the intern and we don't expect to see any immediate advantage from the work that you do while here. That doesn't mean that we don't expect you to work hard, it just means that we understand that you are here foremost to learn.
Please also know that while we are always looking for inspiring and hardworking people to join our team full-time, we can not promise that any internship will turn into a job offer at the conclusion of the internship.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com, and include a link to your blog, Instagram, Tumblr, or Pinterest account so that we can get a sense of your visual style.
Applications are accepted through August 31. The position begins the week of September 19.