Po Campo is building out its senior team and is seeking a VP of Marketing to lead our consumer marketing. This role will own Po Campo’s marketing strategy to effectively tell the story of the product and brand to grow sales, audience engagement, and brand recognition.
About Po Campo
Po Campo provides sustainable and transitional lifestyle products for the micro-mobility and city biking market. Founded by industrial designer and avid city cyclist Maria Boustead when she couldn’t find a bag with the versatility she needed for her bike commutes, Po Campo has grown into an internationally distributed line of vegan, weatherproof bags with reflective accents and lots of pockets for storing your devices. We call this our “No Compromise” approach, because you finally don’t have to choose between an active lifestyle and having a bag that you love.
Our core products are bags for carrying what you need on and off your bike with style and ease. We love biking for its environmental, health, and economic benefits, but we LOVE it for the feelings of freedom and strength that it gives us. Our mission is to share this joy with our customers by making micro-mobility choices a better, easier, and more seamless part of their lives. We’re also a company that gives back; since 2013, we have partnered with World Bicycle Relief, donating a portion of our sales to provide bikes to girls in Africa so that they can get to school. #PowerOfBicycles
We are a small and distributed team with a flexible work schedule that is perfect for people who equally value good work and life beyond work – whether that is time with family, traveling the world, volunteering within your community, or just really long bike rides. This is our “No Compromise” approach - you don’t have to choose between having a job that lets you do your best work with leading a full and enriched life. Want to join us? Keep reading..
About the VP of Marketing Position
We are looking for someone with a strong entrepreneurial spirit who is adaptable, analytical, scrappy, and creative. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to get in on the ground floor of a growing consumer brand. We are building a diverse leadership team that reflects our customer and the world we ride in and encourage all interested candidates to apply.
- Lead all aspects of Po Campo’s short-term and long-term consumer marketing initiatives, including brand strategy and positioning, digital and social strategy, and advertising
- Provide a strategic vision for the brand and ensure robust, integrated execution of its mission
- Make and drive data-driven decisions that determine the best marketing mix for providing a balance of brand-led and performance marketing
- Establish effective processes and metrics to inform our approach to both brand building and channel marketing strategies
- Work closely with marketing agency partners to develop and execute campaigns that drive growth while maximizing efficient use of resources
- Demonstrated experience brand building for a niche consumer products company, particularly with a DTC branded service model
- Proven track record creating and executing integrated brand strategies and campaigns
- Experience establishing metrics to approach marketing strategy & spend
- Experience utilizing digital & offline channels and tools to build a customer base, brand, and community-driven content
- Passionate about creating impactful consumer-centric experiences.
- Experience in a marketing leadership role at a consumer brand
- Ability to operate in the details, while also functioning as a strategic leader
- Experience in working in a start-up environment
- Passion for sustainability, biking (especially as transportation!), and a deep desire to active transportation an easier, better, and more seamless part of people's lives.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter about why you think you’re the best person for this position and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis as we seek the right person to add to our team. If this posting is still up, it means that we haven’t found the right person yet so we encourage you to apply.