We're hiring a social media management intern for the Spring 2020 semester, with possibility to continue through summer and beyond. Interested? Keep reading.
About Po Campo
Po Campo makes gear that is as mobile as you. Our transitional, functional, and sustainable bags solve the problem of not having a good way to carry what you need when you use bikes and scooters to get around.
Founded by industrial designer and avid city cyclist Maria Boustead when she couldn’t find a bag with the versatility she needed for her bike commutes, Po Campo has grown into an internationally distributed line of vegan, weatherproof bags with reflective accents and lots of pockets for storing your devices. We call this our “No Compromise” approach, because you finally don’t have to choose between an active lifestyle and having a bag that you love.
We are also a company that gives back. Through our partnership with World Bicycle Relief, every time we sell 50 bags through pocampo.com, we donate a bicycle to a girl in Africa so that she can get to school.
For 2020, we are positioning our brand for a larger audience, embracing all forms of micro-mobility rather than just bicycles, and including all genders in our audience rather just people who identify as women.
Po Campo and its customers are united by the feelings of freedom and strength that bikes and scooters gives us. We seek to use our social media presence to:
- Celebrate the joys of biking and healthy, earth-friendly lifestyle choices
- Educate on how to make modern mobility an easier and more seamless part of their life
- Inform about Po Campo’s efforts to grow as a women-led, sustainably minded business
We are looking for a Social Media Management intern to manage our various social media accounts – primarily Instagram and Facebook, but also Linkedin, Pinterest and Twitter on occasion. This position is for 8 hours/week at $15/hour from January through May with possibility to extend. Po Campo is headquartered in NYC but we are accepting applications for students to work remotely.
Our goals are as follows:
- Increase overall engagement on all platforms – this is primary
- Increase followers, likes and comments
- Increase in traffic referred to website and ultimately leading to conversions
Specifically, this job includes:
- Working with VP of Marketing to develop a social media strategy
- Consistently planning/scheduling posts that complement our marketing and content calendar and are brand relevant
- Researching hashtags and providing ongoing data on which tags are driving discovery
- Discovering influencers to elevate our presence on the platforms
- Curating on-brand content, such as branded photography, stock photography, photos from brand ambassadors and influencers, copy/captions, and basic graphics
- Engaging with audience by answering questions and comments
- Monitoring brand mentions across all platforms and engage when appropriate
- Preparing and sharing a bi-weekly report about activity and progress towards goals (see below).
- Running social media promotions and contests with VP of Marketing
- Staying current with social media trends and provide ideas and insights to help promote the brand
Who We’re Looking For
You live an active city lifestyle and are familiar with the needs of a commuting or urban mobile lifestyle. You prefer biking, using shared mobility systems, or public transportation to get around. You get excited when you encounter a new protected bike lane and maybe you even volunteer with local community organizations to make biking more available and safer for everyone. You try to convince your friends and schoolmates to try alternative transportation and are always giving them tips for how to bike more often.
We want you to live the Po Campo lifestyle so that you can authentically communicate it through our social channels. Is this you?
If so, these are additional qualifications we’re looking for:
- Majoring in marketing or communications with experience in social media marketing
- Passionate about using social media to engage and build community
- Experience working with social media platforms, Google Drive, Dropbox and other collaborative tools
- Works well autonomously and have an organized approach to managing tasks
- Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in Canva or other design programs to create original content when necessary (optional but preferred)
How to apply
We’re building a diverse team that reflects our customers and the world we ride in and encourage all interested candidates to apply. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your cover letter, please address the following questions. For background, please review our website (www.pocampo.com) and Instagram and Facebook pages.
- How would you sum up our look and feel and tone of voice?
- As we move to speak to a larger audience (see earlier in this job post), what do you think needs to change?
- What coursework or job experiences have you had that has prepared you for this internship?
- What about the Po Campo brand and mission interests you the most?
- Why do you think you are a good candidate for this position?