Sometimes a little extra bling goes a long way and with these bike bag reflector Iron-On decals from RydeSafe you can be creative and add fun designs that help you be seen when out and about. We partnered with RydeSafe for our Father’s Day Bundle because we really liked the quality of the product along with the versatility and ease of use. We decided to bling our Kent Bag and show you how to do it.
What You Need:
- Household iron or commercial heat press
- Ironing board or flat padded surface
- Tea towel or old T-shirt
- Well- vented space
- Your item you want to bling with a bike bag reflector (these iron-ons can be applied to fabric only)
Step 1: Preparation
- Peel away yellow cellophane to expose the heat-activated adhesive side of the iron-on. This side goes face down onto your bag.
- Cut out the bike bag reflector pieces that you want to use individually.
- Put your fan on to move out odors.
- Pre-heat iron to medium-high or high heat.
Step 2: Ironing-On and Plastic Premask Removal
- Place your bag flat on the ironing board.
- Place decal with adhesive side down onto item. Place tea towel or old shirt flat over decal.
- Press down firmly with preheated iron for 6 -10 seconds. Lift and press iron rather than drag it.
- Let cool for 10 seconds. Remove towel and peel away plastic.
- The decal should have cleanly adhered to bag.
Step 3: Finishing Press
- With the plastic premask removed, re-apply tea towel. Again, apply heat and pressure to form a permanent bond with the fabric.
- Press firmly with the iron for another 6-10 seconds.
- Lift the tea towel and check progress. The decal’s surface should show some of the underlying fabrics texture. This is how you know the adhesive has formed a bond.
Step 4: Repeat
- Repeat steps 1 – 3 for the rest of your decals. Check the edges of your decals, you shouldn’t be able to peel the decal off the fabric’s surface. For a stronger bond, apply more heat and pressure.
Watch this video to see how you can bling your reflective life!
So if you feel like giving your bag a little more bling, we highly recommend RydeSafe Reflective Iron-ons.
We have included a pack of RydeSafe Iron-ons in our Father's Day Bundle along with a pair of reflective socks and a banana holder. You can check it out here.