Our December 2015 winner is Will from Chicago. You can get to know him a little bit better through the Q+A below. Thanks, Will!
Each month we will be choosing our favorite Po Campo fan photo to display on the blog. We see all of your beautiful pictures on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook, but if there are photos you’ve taken with your Po Campo bag that you haven’t posted online, feel free to send them our way! You can email your fan photos to email@example.com or tag your photos with #pocampo for a chance to win a FREE PO CAMPO BAG.
@willtroutman with his Loop Pannier in Umber
1. Tell us a bit about your hometown. Where do you insist on taking out of town guests?
My hometown is actually Tampa, FL, but I have been in Chicago, IL for a little over 5 years now. The one place I always insist on taking people in Florida is Indian Rocks Beach. Growing up we were out at the beach as much as possible, and that are has such great memories for me. In Chicago, here are my go to's for out of towners:
- Big Star
- Ipsento, Caffe Streets, and Wormhole (I'm in to coffee if you can't tell)
- Coalfire Pizza
- Art Institute
- Water Taxi
2. Where is your favorite place to take your Po Campo?
Lately it's been going everywhere with me, starting out the day on my commute to work from Wicker Park, at the office, out for meetings, and riding home. It stands up well to the weather, it's functional, and I can even use it as a briefcase.
3. A suggestion for people who are interested in biking but have safety concerns?
Find a buddy who has experience riding in the city and shadow them for a while. Go on rides together and keep an eye on them, what they're looking out for, how they handle situations. Aside from that, just take it slow and be smart and respectful.
4. If you could be amazing at playing any one instrument, which would you pick?
Cello, it's always been one of my favorites.
5. If you could wake up fluent in any language, which would it be?